Recipe courtesy of executive chef Bobby Krishnan and sous chef Uttam Singh
Tandoor, Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
4kg ripe mangoes, cut into cubes
800ml mango pulp
400ml coconut cream
200g fresh turmeric
100g jaggery or sugar
50g mustard seed
10g yellow chili powder
10g red dried chili
10g curry leaf
10g Coleman’s mustard powder
1. Heat up some oil in a pan.
2. Temper the mustard seeds for 10 seconds under low heat, then add in the curry leaves and stir for 10 seconds, followed by the turmeric powder. Continue to stir.
3. Add in the coconut cream and bring to a boil.
4. Add in the mango puree and mix well, adding in a little water to reach desired texture.
5. Add in jaggery and stir well before adding in the yellow chili powder.
6. Add salt to taste and bring to boil again.
7. Add in the mango cubes and bring to boil one last time before serving.